Please use PDF format for resumes.
HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across exterior home improvement, insurance, and financial services. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures and Menlo Ventures, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Why HOVER wants you:
HOVER is looking for someone to define and lead IT for a 300+ employee US-based company. We are looking for someone to support and challenge our close-knit IT team of 3 to become a world class organization within HOVER. We’re looking for someone with outstanding leadership and management skills to set the highest standard of excellence for internal and externally facing systems within HOVER. Your mission will be to uphold the integrity of the company’s IT infrastructure and find new ways to provide an unprecedented level of service to our employees and customers.
You will contribute by:
- Develop a strategic and tactical roadmap for the IT team to help us support HOVER internal and external stakeholders with an unprecedented level of excellence and efficiency.
- Develop a robust reliability testing strategy for all mission critical systems.
- Work collaboratively with leaders across the company to ensure that IT initiatives are well aligned with the needs of our organization.
- Work with the head of security to deploy system security enhancement roadmap and execute security policies that balance the governance requirements with tech capabilities to allow for the most optimal risk mitigation environment.
- Set the standards for the helpdesk response team and drive implementation of appropriate technology solutions to automate repeated IT processes, including onboarding, offboarding, device provisioning and maintenance, and system access.
- Develop systems and processes for managing our physical and virtual IT infrastructure.
- Own the IT budget and company wide software budget; drive cost reduction initiatives for all tech purchases throughout HOVER.
- Provide mentorship, hands-on training and enrich technical knowledge of our IT team.
Your background includes:
- 5+ years of experience leading IT teams
- Start-up experience is a must
- Experience formulating and implementing security policies and systems
- Business partnership experience with DevOps organizations
- Demonstrated excellence in setting customer service standards
- Demonstrated ability to manage company-wide software and hardware budget
- Extensive knowledge of all the following technologies:
- Mac and Windows Operating Systems
- Microsoft 365
- Zoom or other collaborative AV technology
- Okta identity management
- Google Workspace
- JAMF/Intune Mobile Device Management
- AWS, GCP, Azure
- Windows Server 2016/ 2019
- A deep understanding of general IT processes for; on-boarding / off-boarding, vendor management, procurement, inventory management, project management and security event monitoring
- SOC2 certification experience
- Experience with creating and deploying a high availability architecture and strategy for on-premise servers
- Experience working with security escalation and issue resolution teams
- Knowledge and experience with best in class ticketing systems - AtSpoke, Jira, etc.
- Endpoint vulnerability detection and remediation experience: EDR, Crowdstrike Falcon, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop talent within IT
- A sense of humor is required and will be tested on a daily basis
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications