Senior Computer Vision Engineer (CV Infrastructure)
HOVER is digitizing the physical world and building a single source of truth for all the physical structures in the world. Our patented technology makes it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create fully measured, semantically rich, interactive 3D models of their properties. We've found an incredibly strong product-market fit across exterior home improvement, insurance, and financial services. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures and Menlo Ventures, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Why HOVER Wants You:
Building scalable, low latency algorithms for Computer Vision and Deep Learning that run across cloud and mobile targets, is a core part of our technology and our future. We are looking for engineers with a passion for clean and scalable system design and past experience with building and optimizing complex cross-platform systems for running advanced deep learning and computer vision algorithms and supporting infrastructure for rapid prototyping and iteration.
You will be working with Computer Vision, Deep Learning, Backend, Mobile and Devops engineers to lay the foundation for scalable CV/ML infrastructure to accelerate our research and development and help meet product requirements.
You will contribute by:
- Designing and architecting complex cross-platform systems for running low latency computer vision and deep learning algorithms on cloud and mobile platforms
- Laying the foundation for scalable infrastructure for research, development and rapid iteration on CV algorithms and DL networks
- Help with optimizing our CV algorithms and DL networks to reduce runtime and cost of compute on both cloud and mobile platforms
- Help with maintaining and improving our engineering quality through better tools and processes
- Streamlining coordination between multiple teams through clean, well documented interfaces and shared processes
- Providing technical leadership and guidance to your team members and the broader organization
- Working directly with our leadership team to hone our technical strategy and priorities, as well as implications to HOVER's corporate strategy
Your Background Includes:
- Professional experience with object-oriented design and programming in modern advanced C++
- Professional experience with advanced Python
- Experience designing large complex systems with multiple services & libraries spread across different hardware platforms like mobile, cloud, etc.
- Experience with profiling, optimization and parallelization to produce low latency / high throughput C++ code
- Experience with GPU optimization using OpenCL, CUDA, Metal, etc.
- Experience with build systems and dependency management for C++ like CMake, Conan, etc.
Nice to have:
- Experience with vectorization using SIMD instruction sets such as SSE and/or NEON
- Optimizing DL networks for mobile devices
- Experience with mobile DL libraries like CoreML, PyTorch Mobile, TFLite, etc.
- Experience with serving versioned ML models
- Experience in dataset management for Deep Learning
- Experience with container management systems like Kubernetes
- Experience with designing web services, API design & versioning
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications