Principal Product Designer (Strategic Expansion)
HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create interactive 3D models of physical structures, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. As we build a single source of truth for the physical world, our customers – from home services and insurance professionals to homeowners themselves – are using this valuable data to transform the process of home ownership and improvement.
Our cutting edge technology, exceptional culture, and commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.) have helped us build an incredibly strong fit with our customers. With our team of investors, including Google Ventures and Menlo Ventures, HOVER is committed to continued rapid growth.
Why HOVER wants you
The design team at HOVER is growing and evolving. We are looking for a Principal Product Designer to be part of the strategic expansion efforts into new markets. You will be a lead member of a small but senior cross functional team focused on understanding our customers, framing up problems and conceptualizing solutions. This role is critical to building the foundation for future growth of the business, and you will work closely with our executive team as you explore new areas of opportunity.
How you’ll succeed
As the design lead you will focus relentlessly on refining your understanding of customer needs, as you craft an experience to meet those needs. This is a highly collaborative role, requiring constant communication and iteration with your peers, especially in product management and engineering. You will utilize a combination of deep systems thinking along with interaction design, content creation and research when needed. Bring your teammates along with the right strategic thinking, data insights and design approaches.
- 8+ years as a practicing product designer
- Proven ability to understand user problem(s) and business goals to help define areas of focus
- Extensive experience with consumer-facing UX on mobile and tablet
- An interest in, and passion for AR and 3D
- Experience in creating functional prototypes at varying levels of fidelity
- Experience conducting user research, building user journey maps, user flows, wireframes and lo-fi to hi-fi design concepts
- Experience working with product teams is essential, as is your commitment to collaboration
- Ability to solve ambiguous and complex problems with simple, elegant, user-focused solutions
- Detail-oriented, self-starter who can effectively prioritize and problem solve in a fast-paced environment
- Strong presence and communication; ability to succinctly present your design decisions and process
- Expertise in design tools, e.g., Figma, Miro
About Design at HOVER
The design team at HOVER is striving for nothing less than to be the most talented, most tight knit and most passionate group of humans to ever be brought together. We are a rapidly growing group of design leaders, product designers, researchers and brand designers working in tight collaboration with many teams across HOVER to bring memorable experiences and customer obsession to every facet of what we do. We have a focus on building an amazing culture, team and individual growth and solving real world problems. In short, everything you could possibly want.
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications