Public Relations Manager
HOVER uses patented technology that makes it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced generates a single source of truth for the physical world, allowing for more transparency and accuracy throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We've found a strong product-market fit across exterior home improvement, insurance, and financial services. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, a distinctive culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Travelers Insurance, State Farm Ventures, Nationwide, Google Ventures, and Menlo Ventures, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity, so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Why HOVER wants you
We're looking for a Public Relations Manager to help tell the HOVER story. You will provide critical support for developing HOVER's brand as a product, company, and employer through messaging and content development. You are an exceptional storyteller, editor, and manager with experience developing key messages and content across multiple platforms and formats like social media, press releases, talking points, presentations, and interviews.
What you'll do
- Amplify the HOVER brand through public relations, communications, and content development efforts, defining and delivering measurable outcomes.
- Develop, roll out and work cross-functionally to execute on-brand corporate and public-facing messaging
- Act as a day-to-day contact for our PR agency on projects like product announcements and thought leadership programs.
- Lead proactive media outreach to promote our brand, our product, and that of key partnerships, including working directly with members of the media to pitch and manage stories and respond to media inquiries with our PR agency
- Develop strategic communications plans, creative campaigns, messaging documents, briefing statements, and other communications materials
- Use our social media channels to supplement and expand our presence in traditional media outlets and develop creative ways to tell the HOVER story to key audiences.
What you've done
- 5+ years of relevant experience in marketing/brand communications or public relations
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to turn complex messages into media-friendly language
- In-house experience at a fast-growing company managing outside agencies
- A motivated self-starter with a proven track record of managing complex projects
- Understanding of how to measure the success and impact of communications campaigns
- Direct experience creating and optimizing corporate social media content
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave - We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications