People Operations Manager
Please use PDF format for resumes.
HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across exterior home improvement, insurance, and financial services. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures and Menlo Ventures, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Why HOVER wants you:
We are looking for a People Operations Manager to join the HOVER People Team. In this role you will create and implement HR initiatives and manage existing people programs to support our employees. We are growing rapidly, so you will have the opportunity to scale processes and systems to meet the needs of our growing team. You will be thoughtful on how to improve the employee lifecycle and will support employees within each part of the organization. You will own compliance, manage benefits and leave administration, oversee immigration, design a framework for people analytics, and run our engagement surveys.
In this role, you should care deeply about providing a great experience to employees and constantly be thinking about how we can improve. You are an employee advocate and care about building trust between employees and the People Org. You are at your best when you’re using your skillset to support and up-level our team. You will need to have great project management, communication, critical thinking, and leadership skills. If you are interested in working with a passionate team that is building a world-class, employee-first company, this role is for you.
You will contribute by:
You will play a key role on the People team and will help enhance the employee experience through driving benefits strategy and administration, keeping a pulse on employee engagement, analyzing people data, working with cross-functional partners to run payroll, and ensuring compliance through legal requirements. You will be responsible for identifying ways for us to improve our processes and scale our systems alongside our headcount growth. You will leverage data to equip our people leaders with insights to drive effective decision making. You’ll use best practices and your knowledge of current employment law to keep us compliant in the various states we do business in. You will run our engagement survey, manage the relationship with immigration partners, and administer Leaves of Absences policies. You will help create thoughtful benefit offerings for employees, manage benefit enrollments, and run HOVER's yearly Open Enrollment. In partnership with the broader People team, you will create resources, build training, and implement new HR initiatives.
Your background includes:
- 3-5+ years of professional experience in an HR / People Operations role
- Experience building, managing, and presenting HR data analytics
- Experience working in high-growth technology companies with teams in multiple states
- Experience creating and scaling HR processes and programs
- Experience with HRIS and payroll systems - We currently use ADP and BambooHR
- Experience with the Open Enrollment process and administering benefits
- Strong understanding of HR principles and employment law
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with highly sensitive data
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Willingness to jump in and problem solve
- Desire to learn and grow
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications