Data Science Lead
Please use PDF format for resumes.
HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across exterior home improvement, insurance, and financial services. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures and Menlo Ventures, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Why HOVER wants you:
HOVER is looking for a hands-on, highly technical Data Scientist to execute and lead Product Analytics. You’ll join a fast-growing team that has a deep understanding of Hover’s homeowner-centric product offerings and wants your help going deeper. In this role, you will influence how Hover’s product and its features grow and reach new customers. As a trusted partner to the Product team, you will provide insightful analyses gleaned from our existing dense data warehouse and thought leadership on how to test new hypotheses about product adoption and grow usage. You will partner with other data scientists on the Business Analytics team to create and present consolidated, data-backed conclusions about opportunities to better serve our users.
In addition to the relationships you will build with the Product team, you will partner with data engineering and architecture leads to build internal tools to empower all Hoverites to interact with data insights. You will work with them to display and embed the novel metrics you establish in the decision-making process at Hover.
Your background includes:
- 3+ years experience as a lead data scientist working closely with product teams or lead product analyst to grow a product
- 5+ years experience working on teams responsible for product analytics and product experimentation- deep experience with A/B testing, hypothesis testing
- Excellent communication and presentation skills that present technical, complex ideas in a clear and memorable way
- Insatiable curiosity and desire to learn about HOVER’s product offering
- Deep Experience in owning end-to-end analytics projects from scoping to delivery
- Proficient using SQL to access data necessary for analysis
- Proficient using Python/R for hands-on modeling and analysis
- Experience with tools that help Product teams collect and analyze user events- Segment, Split, Mixpanel
- Experience with using business intelligence tools such as Tableau or Looker
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications