Engineering Manager, Mobile
HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across exterior home improvement, insurance, and financial services. Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures and Menlo Ventures, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Why HOVER wants you:
The Mobile Capture team’s mission is to enable our users to collect the 3D world around them through a delightful interactive experience, and apply state-of-the-art mobile ML and 3D processing to this data both on-device and in the cloud. You’ll be a critical part of HOVER’s roadmap as you work on leading your team to develop performance-critical user experiences which are the primary user touchpoint for our entire platform.
You will contribute by:
You will mentor and guide the professional and technical development of the members of the team, which includes native and mobile fullstack engineers. You will partner with engineers and technical leaders to ensure that the applications we support are stable, scalable, and maintainable, promoting practices like CI/CD and refactoring. You can support the execution of a team of engineers working through maintaining services, building tools, and delivering high-performance mobile code to our customers. You will collaborate and define cross-team and strategic initiatives in partnership with leads across the company.
Your background includes:
- 2+ years of direct people management experience
- A passion for leading an evolving, fast-paced team
- Previous experience developing and growing people both technically and professionally
- Established and current experience (5+ years) architecting and building reliable, scalable, maintainable high-performance mobile applications
- Extensive experience with testing, automation and CI tools
- An acute product sense and strong technical communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively cross functionally with Product Managers, Designers and business stakeholders
Nice to have:
- Experience with managing a distributed team (domestic remote and/or international)
- Willingness to get your hands dirty and write some code occasionally
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications