Senior Solutions Engineer (Strategic Programs)
HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across exterior home improvement, insurance, and financial services. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures and Menlo Ventures, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Why HOVER wants you:
The Strategic Programs team is launching HOVER’s innovative Estimation & Ordering solutions into the market, revolutionizing how home improvement contractors run their businesses. Rather than manually type measurements into cumbersome and static excel spreadsheets to give a quote to the homeowner, HOVER’s platform is now enabling contractors to automatically use our industry leading data and measurements to instantly calculate and present the right offering on the spot. Once the homeowner has agreed to the project, instead of then calling up their local distributor and ordering materials by SKU over the phone, contractors can instead now order their materials automatically and directly from our partner distributors through new integrations.
While many know of HOVER’s game changing Data/Measurements and 3D Visualization capabilities, only a select few early customers have experienced these new platform capabilities as part of our premium Transform Membership offering, and the Strategic Programs team is tasked with growing and scaling this adoption to the entire market. We are bringing this solution to contractors nationwide through white glove Technical Onboarding, elegant Solutions Engineering with our distributor partners, and an obsession with customer satisfaction that drives growth for customers, partners, and HOVER in tandem.
You will contribute by:
- Steering our APIs & Integrations: You will be an expert of our internal APIs and understand how to debug and troubleshoot API related issues. You will give detailed step by step explanations to our distributor partners about how they can use our API to get the results they require, and help architect and design these integration solutions. This external engagement and your learnings with partners will also allow you to make strategic recommendations to our internal teams about future development needs.
- Engaging as a Solutions Consultant: You will spend ~40% of your time working with external partners, primarily with our materials distributor partners and occasionally with our contractor customers. This work will be heavily post-sale to ensure that our integrations are rolled out effectively through discovery calls, mapping out requirements and solutions, engaging cross functional team members to deliver on those solutions, etc.
- Bridging the gap between our Engineering and Sales teams: You will spend ~60% of your time working with internal partners, connecting the dots between our Engineering teams who are developing our product and capabilities and our Sales teams who are bringing them to market. As both a technical operator and a communicative collaborator, you will fill a critical role in between these two departments in everything from strategy to rollout.
- Champion new opportunities for innovation: You will have a unique viewpoint of our product, partners, and customers, and you will regularly contribute ideas for how we should continue to grow our offerings and bring them to market. Both our Product Managers and our Sales Directors alike will be looking to you for advice about opportunities, gaps, and your proposed solutions to help HOVER grow.
Your background includes:
- 5+ years of experience as a Solutions Engineer, Solutions Consultant, Technical Sales Engineer, or Professional Services Consultant
- Extensive experience designing REST/GraphQL API solutions (even better if you built them)
- Deep experience working with external parties (partners/customers) to collaboratively understand their needs and solution ways to meet those needs
- Extensive experience collaborating with Product and Engineering teams (even better if you have some development experience with Ruby on Rails)
- Comfort bringing innovative ideas (even if they may totally fail) to senior leadership and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and ‘figure it out’ to make these ideas happen
- A track record of organized documentation of technical solutions for both technical and non technical audiences
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both internally and externally
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave - We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications