Senior Product Designer (Applied Research Group)
HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across exterior home improvement, insurance, and financial services. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures and Menlo Ventures, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Why HOVER wants you:
Hover is looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our rapidly growing team in our Advanced research group. They are responsible for inventing and developing the tools to enable HOVER to organize the world’s physical structures. You will work closely with other designers, product managers, engineers, user research and data to craft usable and delightful experiences our customers love. This is an exciting opportunity to employ advanced technologies like machine learning, computer vision and augmented reality to change the way people interact with their most valued asset.
We are looking for a designer with a broad range of experiences in their background that is comfortable operating in a sometimes ambiguous and often faced paced environment. Some of your strengths include - concepting, prototyping, service design, systems thinking, user research, leading collaborative workshops and preparing assets for engineers. You will join a team of talented, passionate and customer-obsessed designers excited about the complex user challenges they are solving every day.
Your background includes:
- Proven ability to understand user problem(s) and business goals to help define areas of focus
- Extensive experience with consumer-facing UX on mobile and tablet
- An interest in, and passion for AR and 3D
- Experience in creating functional prototypes at varying levels of fidelity
- Experience conducting user research, building user journey maps, user flows, wireframes and lo-fi to hi-fi design concepts
- Experience working with product teams is essential, as is your commitment to collaboration
- Ability to solve ambiguous and complex problems with simple, elegant, user-focused solutions
- Detail-oriented, self-starter who can effectively prioritize and problem solve in a fast-paced environment
- Strong presence and communication; ability to succinctly present your design decisions and process
- Expertise in design tools, e.g., Figma, Miro
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications