Technical Product Manager
HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across exterior home improvement, insurance, and financial services. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures and Menlo Ventures, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Why HOVER wants you:
At HOVER we’re truly customer obsessed. The HOVER Services Group (HSG), responsible for DevOps, Quality, and Security, plays a unique role in enabling efficiency and success for both internal and external customers. As a key member of HSG’s leadership team, you’ll work closely with teammates across nearly every product team to help us “shift left” on security, testing, and infrastructure provisioning. You will help define the strategy, priorities, and execution plan of how we turn the tools that developers need into true products, so that each team at HOVER can fully own their own software from ideation to production. You’ll also have the opportunity to help define and refine your role to best meet our business objectives.
How you’ll succeed
You will collaborate across the company to identify the needs of other software development teams, and help us define and build a suite of internal products that gives those teams self-service access to what they need.
As the first product manager to fill this role, you’ll have the opportunity to define the product roadmap, and be a critical player in a major cultural shift here at HOVER toward engineering teams owning quality, security and application layer operations via self service tools and infrastructure, pair programming and mentoring. You will help define the goals and success metrics of the team and the product. You will be the product owner for what the team is building, and you’ll take that role in Agile ceremonies inside the tribe, as well as in regular planning cycles for all of HOVER product, engineering, and design.
Your background includes:
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience
- 3+ years of experience as a product manager delivering API-based software products, or products for engineering teams
- 2+ years of experience in a technical role (software engineer or equivalent)
- Experience leading teams in modern, cloud-based software delivery environments that include mobile applications
- General familiarity with:
- DevOps best practices (e.g. Continuous integration and delivery, monitoring & logging)
- Software testing practices, with a particular focus on test automation
- Application security and compliance best practices
- Experience building organizational process definition and standardization within an agile startup environment
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications