Senior Computer Vision Engineer (3D Reconstruction)
HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across exterior home improvement, insurance, and financial services. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures and Menlo Ventures, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Why HOVER Wants You:
Computer Vision is at the core of our technology and our future. We’re looking for engineers with deep technical experience (theoretical and applied) in computer vision to expand the core components of our 3D data platform. You'll join a world class team and will help the team fulfill technical, operational, and business requirements.
This role is very much rooted in developing practical applications that can have immediate value to the business. You'll work alongside our team of designers, frontend, backend, graphics, and devops engineers to bring your creations to life. This means that you must not only be able to stay at the forefront of your discipline, but you must also excel at communication and collaboration.
You Will Contribute By:
- Building architecture and developing computer vision solutions in the areas of 3D reconstruction, object detection, scene understanding, and segmentation.
- Driving rapid technical prototyping
- Bridging the gap between prototype and production-ready software.
- Providing technical leadership and guidance to your team members and the broader organization.
- Working directly with our leadership team to hone our technical strategy and priorities, as well as implications to HOVER’s corporate strategy.
Your Background Includes:
- Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: 3D Reconstruction, Object detection and localization, Pose estimation, Multi-view geometry, Linear Algebra, Optimization
- Fluency in C/C++ or similar languages
- Experience working with OpenCV
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-moving environment
Nice to haves:
- Phd in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience working with a deep learning framework such as TensorFlow
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications