Director, Product Design (EHI)
HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across exterior home improvement, insurance, and financial services. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures and Menlo Ventures, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Why HOVER wants you:
The design team at HOVER is growing and evolving. We’re looking for a Director of Product Design to lead the design team for our core product, Exterior Home Improvement (EHI). The team is responsible for end-to-end experience for our pro users. You’ll partner closely with your product manager and engineering counterparts to lead the overall group using strategic thinking, a strong collaboration mindset and an eye for team growth. You will lead and grow an amazing team of designers to envision, develop, and launch experiences that connect people together along the entire journey of home improvement.
The design team at HOVER is striving for nothing less than to be the most talented, most tight knit and most passionate group of humans to ever be brought together. We are a rapidly growing group of design leaders, product designers, researchers and brand designers working in tight collaboration with many teams across HOVER to bring memorable experiences and customer obsession to every facet of what we do. We have a focus on building an amazing culture, team and individual growth and solving real world problems. In short, everything you could possibly want.
You'll contribute by:
You’ll be the voice of the professionals that use HOVER in their day to day. You will work collaboratively with your peers to set vision, priorities and team charter. As a forward thinker, you’ll define the design initiatives at the outset of product definition and problem framing. You’ll inspire your fellow designers and product team members by working on the most challenging design problems, alongside your team. As a critical piece of the overall design leadership team, you’ll contribute to team culture, processes, hiring practices and internal as well as external influence.
Your background includes:
- 10+ years of experience in design with 5+ as a practicing designer
- Recent management experience (with experience managing teams of 3+ designers).
- High level of emotional intelligence, refined soft skills to care for and bring out the best in designers on your team.
- Exceptional business sense and organizational influence from design perspective, proven contributions to product strategy and vision.
- Being a forward scout, looking ahead and collaboratively crafting the vision and mobilizing your team to realize that vision.
- A strong aesthetic sense and the ability to bring brand into product experiences.
- Outstanding communicator. Ability to present your ideas to anyone, at any time. Comfortable speaking about design to various audiences around the company.
- High level understanding of the interplay between design and engineering, technical collaboration and delivery of work.
- Experience designing, building and shipping web applications as well mobile apps for iOS and Android.
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications