Director, User Research
HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across exterior home improvement, insurance, and financial services. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures and Menlo Ventures, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Why HOVER wants you:
The design team at HOVER is growing and evolving. We’re looking for a Director of Research to run and grow the research discipline at HOVER. This role reports directly to the Head of Design. You’ll partner closely with leaders in design, product, engineering and data science to help set strategy through research and insights. You will lead and grow an existing team to ensure insights influence product and business decisions across evaluative and generative work along the entire journey of home improvement.
You'll contribute by:
- Be the voice of the customers that use HOVER in their day to day.
- Conduct strategic research that informs the company vision and product roadmap,
- Set research priorities and processes across teams.
- Drive research excellence by establishing best practices that improve research rigor.
- Manage, shape, and inspire a team of researchers by providing vision and direction
- Initially take on research initiatives in core areas as your team grows.
- Be a critical member of the design leadership team.
Your background includes:
- 8+ years of experience in research with 5+ as a practicing researcher.
- Recent management experience (with experience managing teams of 2+ researchers).
- Confidence with multitude research methods, selecting the best methods for a given problem.
- Experience collaborating with designers, product managers, engineers and data scientists throughout the product development process.
- Experience guiding teams who are iterating on designs based on user data and insights.
- Excellent communication, facilitation, analytical, and people skills.
- Project management skills with the ability to define, plan, and lead projects forward
- Deep knowledge and experience in conducting foundational and evaluative research.
- Can utilize a range of qualitative and quantitative methods such as: usability testing, field research, interviews, surveys, and diary studies.
About Design at HOVER
The design team at HOVER is striving for nothing less than to be the most talented, most tight knit and most passionate group of humans to ever be brought together. We are a rapidly growing group of design leaders, product designers, researchers and brand designers working in tight collaboration with many teams across HOVER to bring memorable experiences and customer obsession to every facet of what we do. We have a focus on building an amazing culture, team and individual growth and solving real world problems. In short, everything you could possibly want.
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications