Senior Product Designer (EHI)
HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across exterior home improvement, insurance, and financial services. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures and Menlo Ventures, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Why HOVER wants you:
The design team at HOVER is growing and evolving. We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to lead the end-to-end experience for our pro users. This is an opportunity to revolutionize the exterior home improvement market by connecting enterprise customers with homeowner needs, building scalable solutions to an underserved market, and making home improvements delightful for everyone.
How you’ll succeed
As a senior designer you will focus relentlessly on refining your understanding of customer needs, as you craft an experience to meet those needs. This is a highly collaborative role, requiring constant communication and iteration with your peers, especially in product management and engineering. You will utilize a combination of deep systems thinking along with interaction design, content creation and research when needed. Bring your teammates along with the right strategic thinking, data insights and design approaches.
Your background includes:
- 5+ years as an end-to-end product designer
- Extensive experience with enterprise grade experiences
- Experience conducting user research, building user journey maps, user flows, wireframes and lo-fi to hi-fi design concepts
- Strong technical acumen and systems thinking skills
- A good sense of product strategy and how it relates to both user experience and business needs
- Experience working with product teams is essential, as is your commitment to collaboration
- Proven ability to solve ambiguous and complex problems with simple, elegant, user-focused solutions
- Detail-oriented, self-starter who can effectively prioritize and problem solve in a fast-paced environment
- Strong presence and communication; ability to succinctly present your design decisions and process
About Design at HOVER
The design team at HOVER is striving for nothing less than to be the most talented, most tight knit and most passionate group of humans to ever be brought together. We are a rapidly growing group of design leaders, product designers, researchers and brand designers working in tight collaboration with many teams across HOVER to bring memorable experiences and customer obsession to every facet of what we do. We have a focus on building an amazing culture, team and individual growth and solving real world problems. In short, everything you could possibly want.
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications