Backend Software Engineer Paid Internship (CSI) - Summer 2021
Please use PDF format for resumes.
HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across exterior home improvement, insurance, and financial services. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures and Menlo Ventures, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Why you want HOVER:
At HOVER we are dedicated to our employees and our community. Just look at our values of THINK, DO, and SERVE - it’s ingrained in our culture to be intentional about diversity and to uplift those around us.
- THINK challenges us to participate in respectful debate and value the diversity of thought that can only be found in true diversity among our ranks.
- DO asks us to be biassed towards action and to always be interested in changing things for the better.
- SERVE is a constant reminder that if we are to succeed as a company we must be focused on uplifting one another up as rising tides lift all ships.
It is with a dedication to these values that we continue to invest in our community through initiatives like this internship program designed to create opportunities.
Why HOVER wants you:
HOVER is looking for an curious and motivated intern to support key projects across the organization’s growing business lines. You’d be joining our Core Services and Insurance (CSI) team - a team that builds both scalable services for multiple teams to use for external facing customers as well as internal tooling to empower HOVER employees to do their best work.
The CSI team consists of strong engineers who continuously invest in the growth of ourselves and others. As a group of growth-minded teammates, we enjoy close collaboration, care about the success of the products we build, and don't take ourselves too seriously.
You will contribute by:
The focus of this internship will be to get you exposure to what an backend engineer will work on at a high growth start up. Throughout the internship, you will pair with members of the eng team on various projects, work on a core project related to billing, and attend all agile ceremonies for the CSI.
By the end of the internship, we hope that you will have developed the following skills:
- Learning how to ask the right questions/know where/how to look
- Work on a real production application - exposure to topics that you will get practical real-world experience
- Learn about incremental development and delivery
- Learn about collaboration and get agile software dev experience
Your background includes:
This internship is perfect for bootcamp graduates who can commit to a 2-3 month internship this summer, are based in the United States, and have experience with:
- Exposure to Ruby on Rails - you don’t have to be a master by any means, but must have an interest in learning more about this language and framework
- Exposure to git
- A willingness to learn and improve not just your technical skills, but also all the soft skills that make a good engineer great
- Excitement to collaborate with other engineers, product, and design