Please use PDF format for resumes.
HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across exterior home improvement, insurance, and financial services. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures and Menlo Ventures, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Why HOVER wants you:
HOVER is looking for an analytics engineer who considers themselves a full stack data analyst or engineer. Doubling down on your expertise in translating business questions to analytics questions you will help serve stakeholders across the business by building best in class data products for internal and external use.
The data team works cross-functionally in a fullstack environment delivering data pipelines, scripting automation, building data models, and acts as the core business intelligence function of HOVER. You’ll work within and help build HOVER’s modern data platform including tech such as Snowflake, Airflow, DBT, visualization platforms, and 3rd party ingestion tools to realize that BI function along with continually striving for more efficient and elegant data modeling and usage.
You will contribute by:
On a daily basis, you’ll write SQL and use varying tools and scripting languages to help our team develop a first in class self service data platform. This will include data modeling based on stakeholder input, working with data engineers and data scientists to develop appropriate pipelines for team stakeholders, and following a product oriented approach to sustainable analytic development. Along with business stakeholders, this role will regularly collaborate with our engineering counterparts to assure a clean and efficient data model at both ends of the full data lifecycle.
Your background includes:
- A unique ability to combine an understanding of analytic business needs, and how best to structure and implement data to serve those needs
- 1-3 years of experience as a Data Engineer or Sr Data Analyst
- Expert SQL writing skills (Snowflake dialect preferred)
- Familiarity with Data Visualization tools such as Tableau and Looker or other SQL to Chart visualization platforms such as Mode
- Intermediate to advanced experience in Python
- Experience with ELT scheduling and orchestration tools such as Airflow and DBT
- Exceptional communication skills and desire to share your knowledge with clarity, patience, and empathy
- The ability to work independently and set your own priorities with careful attention to detail and deadlines
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications