Senior Computer Vision Engineer (3D Deep Learning)
HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across exterior home improvement, insurance, and financial services. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures and Menlo Ventures, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Why HOVER Wants You:
Computer Vision is at the core of our technology and our future. We’re looking for engineers with deep technical experience (theoretical and applied) in computer vision to expand the core components of our 3D data platform. You'll join a world class team and will help the team fulfill technical, operational, and business requirements.
This role is very much rooted in developing practical applications that can have immediate value to the business. You'll work alongside our team of designers, frontend, backend, graphics, and devops engineers to bring your creations to life. This means that you must not only be able to stay at the forefront of your discipline, but you must also excel at communication and collaboration.
You Will Contribute By:
- Design, implement, improve and evaluate algorithms and systems for 3D scene understanding, image feature matching, multi-view stereo, 6-DOF pose estimation, shape decomposition/retrieval, and point cloud processing
- Design and develop creative solutions and novel algorithms in an applied research setting through rapid prototyping to validate hypothesis and identify promising directions to improve the performance of algorithms and trained networks
- Continue to learn and deepen your technical expertise while also mentoring and contributing to the growth of the computer vision group
- Providing technical leadership and guidance to your team members and the broader organization
Your Background Includes:
- A Masters or PhD in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Substantial experience with building novel 3D deep learning architectures either in a research or commercial environment
- Deep theoretical understanding and practical experience developing novel algorithms for at least some of the following topics:
- Image Feature Matching, 3D Reconstruction, Multi View Stereo, 3D Scene Understanding, 3D Shape Segmentation and Retrieval, 6-DOF Pose Estimation, Inverse Procedural Modeling
- Creative problem solving skills and excellent software development skills
- Highly competitive and passionate about solving hard technical problems
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and be able to thrive amidst ambiguity & uncertainty
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications