Staff Product Manager (EHI)
HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across exterior home improvement, insurance, and financial services. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures and Menlo Ventures, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Why HOVER wants you:
HOVER is looking for a product leader to scale our new end-to-end platform from tens of customers to thousands of customers. You will work with your design, engineering, sales, and onboarding counterparts to define how our customers discover the platform and its value, how they get onboarded to it, and how they stay engaged as long-term users. You will also work with the rest of the product managers in the team to expand the platform’s functionality to increase conversion and adoption.
You’d be joining our Exterior Home Improvement (EHI) team - a team charged with expanding HOVER’s value proposition from being a measurements player to provide a full end-to-end experience for our customers. The EHI team is key to unlocking HOVER’s growth and is dedicated to building the best product of its kind on the market. The EHI product has a solid market fit and we are ready to start scaling our team and users.
The EHI team consists of driven and eager-to-learn engineers, designers, and product managers with a wide range of experience. We are committed to being at the forefront of pushing the technological envelope at HOVER. As a group of growth-minded teammates we don't take ourselves too seriously, enjoy close collaboration, and care about the success of the products we build. On this team we believe that it’s better to:
- Make many small moves than few large ones
- Reduce knowledge silos than optimize for short-term gains
- Spend our Fridays learning instead of squeezing out more commits
- Always be growing instead of doing what is familiar
- Encourage team creativity rather than be prescriptive in solutions
You will contribute by:
You will set the product vision and strategy to scale our end-to-end platform from tens of customers to thousands of customers. You will partner with our Sales and Marketing teams on how the remodeling industry can be disrupted through technology. You will develop product roadmaps and build alignment across technical teams (Product, Engineering, Design), cross-functional partners (Marketing, Sales, Operations, etc.), and Leadership/Executive team. You will challenge yourself working on a massive scope (many of our products could have been their own startup), and becoming an expert in our users and the remodeling industry.
Your background includes:
- Relevant experience with 10+ years of traditional Product Management experience
- Proven record of successfully launching business/consumer products, internal tools, and end-to-end platforms
- Entrepreneurial drive and the capacity to thrive in ambiguity and a fast changing environment
- Customer obsession and a penchant to start with the customer and work backwards towards solutions
- Ability to inspire, motivate, support and lead across multiple cross-functional constituencies as you build internal and cross-functional relationships
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and effectively simplify and communicate them to a non-technical audience
- Strong business, analytical, data, and troubleshooting skills
- Creative problem solving and previous experience identifying real obstacles and viable solutions
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications