Senior Data Analyst
HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across exterior home improvement, insurance, and financial services. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures and Menlo Ventures, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Why HOVER wants you:
HOVER is looking for an experienced Senior Data Analyst to drive our global business operations. You’ll join a fast-growing team that drives business decisions every day. Our data stack is Fivetran, Python, Snowflake, PostgreSQL, Excel, Tableau. Your day-to-day will be split between working with business stakeholders and analyzing data. The ideal candidate will have both the technical skills for querying data, analyzing data, and building dashboards, in addition to the collaborative skills to work with business stakeholders to define requirements, build self-serve tools that satisfy business requirements, teach others how to use tools, and follow-up to make sure that data drives business outcomes.
You will contribute by becoming an expert on HOVER’s vast data ecosystem dedicated to sharing your knowledge widely with Product, Marketing, Sales, and Engineering. You will coordinate with Data Engineers and Software Engineers to understand what various data elements mean and where they come from so that you can expose their significance to Hover’s data users. You will learn about Hover’s business and understand the questions and needs of Product Managers and other business partners. Having learned from them, you will build analyses (as tableau dashboards, presentations, spreadsheets) that will be shared widely. You will be driven by a hunger for learning and knowledge about how Hover works and be dedicated to accuracy in all you present.
Your background includes:
- 6-8 years experience as a data analyst, business/product analyst, or data scientist
- You are a full lifecycle analyst and can work with business stakeholders to understand the objectives, perform in-depth analysis, communicate your findings in clear presentations, and can monitor whether business outcomes are achieved
- You are equal parts analyst and teacher, so that you can enable others to self-serve on basic requests
- You have meticulous attention to detail
- In-depth working knowledge of SQL query design and tuning on large datasets
- Experience with using business intelligence tools such as Tableau or Looker
- Experience in owning end-to-end analytics projects from scoping to delivery
- Experience using Python, R, and SQL to clean and analyze data
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications