Senior Software Engineer, Fullstack (Mobile Capture)
HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across exterior home improvement, insurance, and financial services. What's the secret sauce? Computer vision and an exceptional culture.
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures and Menlo Ventures, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Why HOVER wants you:
HOVER is looking for a senior full stack software engineer to help build the future of home improvement and 3D design software with our Mobile Capture team. We are looking for someone who is creative, detail-oriented, and cares deeply about the user experience. You think about long-term solutions and enjoy the process of collaborating with your teammates to architect reliable, scalable and maintainable applications.
- Collaboration, pair programming and teamwork
- Career growth and learning
- Making small changes, and shipping code to production continuously
- Coding cross-platform (android and iOS and across the stack (frontend and backend)
- Test-driven development, and refactoring regularly to keep our codebases healthy
The Mobile Capture team’s mission is to enable our users to collect the 3D world around them through a delightful interactive experience, and apply state-of-the-art mobile ML and 3D processing to this data both on-device and in the cloud. You’ll be a critical part of HOVER’s roadmap as you work on developing performance-critical user experiences which are the primary user touchpoint for our entire platform.
You will contribute by:
You will be writing code across the stack to build innovative products that delight our users. The features you build will directly help our users get their jobs done faster and better. We take feedback from our customers seriously, and you will be working closely with Product Managers, Designers and QA engineers to continuously improve on the user experience. As you iterate, you’ll work closely with your fellow engineers to architect new systems, refactor code under test, and continuously deploy code to production. As you grow into the role you will have opportunities to lead new product features and engineering initiatives.
Your background includes:
- 4+ years of backend software engineering experience
- 2+ years of React experience (or a similar modern frontend framework)
- 1+ years of Node experience (or a similar backend language)
- Experience architecting reliable, scalable, and maintainable backend applications
- Extensive experience writing unit, feature and end-to-end tests
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Nice to have:
- Native iOS or Android experience
- Familiarity with mobile machine learning deployment (CoreML or ML Kit)
- Familiarity with mobile AR (ARCore / ARKit)
- Experience with image/video processing
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications