Billing Operations Manager
HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across exterior home improvement, insurance, and financial services. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures and Menlo Ventures, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Why HOVER wants you:
We are seeking an experienced billing and revenue operations manager to build and lead a team of billing analysts. You will design customer-centric billing solutions and processes and will work closely with our Engineering and Product team to ensure continued process improvements and automation. This position will report to our Controller and will initially take on insurance billing operations with two direct reports.
The ideal candidate is a strong manager with exceptional attention to detail, experience leading teams through change and has a solid understanding of basic accounting reconciliations, billing and collections processes.
You will contribute by:
You will design and implement billing processes for customers of wide ranging sizes, starting with our insurance customers which range in sizes and volume. You will recruit and manage a team of billing analysts to support monthly billing and collections processes. You will develop and prepare reports on team performance and establish KPIs in order to drive for improvement while providing key stakeholders with appropriate levels of visibility, including upper management, Finance and Sales. In order to succeed in this role it will be critical for you to develop strong processes and controls around deposit of payments and customer reconciliations. While we strive for absolute excellence in our billing processes, we expect you to be able to resolve complex and billing disputes. You will become a respected business partner to HOVER’s Sales team and will be the friendly face of HOVER for all billing related questions. You will work cross-functionally to administer complex contracts and provide outstanding service to HOVER’s Sales team for billing related customer requests. Eventually you will play a key role in defining product requirements for our billing platform enhancements.
Your Background includes:
- 5+ years of experience in billing and/or operations leadership role
- Outstanding communication skills - we love transparency
- Strong ability to effectively prioritize the workload
- Proven commitment to operational excellence and accuracy in billing
- Ability to build strong cross functional relationships in a fast paced environment.
- Familiarity with analytical software such as Tableau is a big plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field is required
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave - We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications