Software Engineer, 3D Graphics (Web)
HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across exterior home improvement, insurance, and financial services. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures and Menlo Ventures, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Why HOVER Wants You:
3D data is at the core of our technology and our future. HOVER is looking for engineers with deep technical experience (theoretical and applied) in geometry processing and 3D graphics to expand the core components of our 3D data platform. You'll join a world-class team and will help the team fulfill technical, operational, and business requirements.
You'll work alongside our team of designers, frontend, backend, graphics, and DevOps engineers to bring your creations to life. This means that you must not only be able to stay at the forefront of your discipline, but you must also excel in communication and collaboration.
About this position
As a Web Graphics Engineer, you will focus on improving our visualization and geometry processing libraries consumed by multiple teams at the company. Our current focus includes 3D geometrical problems, linear algebra, and algorithm design. Our technology is consumed internally and externally, which means that we develop easy-to-use APIs that we integrate into a variety of products.
You should have:
- Highly motivated to develop 3D graphics applications for the web.
- Comfortable with 3D math, algorithms, prototyping solutions, and learning new technologies.
Experience that is relevant to us:
- Experience working with WebGL applications
- Experience and contributions to three.js or babylon.js
- Experience with real-time rendering, computational geometry, linear algebra, or procedural geometry generation
- Experience developing CAD applications
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications