Director, HR Business Partner
HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across exterior home improvement, insurance, and financial services. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures and Menlo Ventures, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Why HOVER wants you:
We are looking for an experienced HR Business Partner to join the HOVER People Team. In this role, you will lead our Business Partner team as well as be a trusted partner and advisor to our Go to Market teams. HOVER is a fast-paced, results driven organization that is scaling quickly. We strongly believe that people are our number one asset. This is a highly strategic role as we believe hiring, engaging, and growing our people is a priority. You will need to be able to stay one step ahead of our growth and be able to coach and support our executives and managers as we scale. You will be an employee advocate, advisor, and coach and you will work closely with all levels of management to help build and support a highly functioning team.
You will be most successful in this role if you care deeply about our business and our employees and are excited about doing everything you can to make our teams thrive.
You will contribute by:
In this role, you will help the company reach its goals by executing on people programs within the Go to Market organization. You will work closely with our CRO and COO to facilitate change management, drive new initiatives, and ultimately help grow the organization and our revenue. You will manage the success of people programs across the employment lifecycle including on-boarding, performance management, compensation, training, and career development. You will also develop, implement and evaluate strategic programs that span across the entire organization. We have an amazing People team that you will partner with to help build a cohesive culture across the organization. As a manager and leader of our business partner team, you will drive the strategic vision of the team. You will be empathetic and thoughtful in your approach and will be obsessed with identifying areas of improvement and proposing and executing on solutions. There is a ton of opportunity for growth in this role as we scale our teams.
Your background includes:
- 10+ years of experience in an HR role or equivalent with 4+ years of experience as an HRBP
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven track record of developing, executing against, and measuring the success of people programs
- Experience coaching and advising leaders at various levels of the organization including executives
- Passion for building and supporting strong teams with aggressive goals
- Collaboration, empathy, and team-orientation
- Experience and strong track record for thriving in fast-paced environments; problem solving skills are a must
- Deep understanding of HR principles and employment law
- Strong data analysis skills
- Desire to learn and grow
- HR and/or Coaching certification
- Management experience
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications