Please use PDF format for resumes.
HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across exterior home improvement, insurance, and financial services. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures and Menlo Ventures, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Why HOVER wants you:
At HOVER, we get things done. We move. We go knowing that we can learn and adapt along the way. We make things happen in the face of uncertainty. As HOVER Engineering approaches 100 people in four countries, our ability to take action, learn and adapt increasingly hinges on our ability to deliver stable and scalable software with speed. At HOVER, DevOps is a partner that enables every team to achieve high throughput software delivery.
You will join our DevOps team – a half-dozen experienced and senior engineers who partner with software development feature teams to deploy software quickly onto stable infrastructure, which mostly runs in GCP’s GKE.
You will contribute by:
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer who has hands-on experience scaling and managing production systems and software delivery infrastructure. You will frequently pair program with your teammates or other HOVER software engineers to build new infrastructure, maintain existing infrastructure, and ensure that feature teams have everything that they need to write, test, and continuously deploy their code to production. You’ll also help protect our users’ data, and help our Security team ensure that we are compliant with various security-related standards, such as SOC2. You’ll take a primary on-call shift every six weeks, and in the other five weeks you’ll work closely with your teammates to work through our Kanban board.
Your background includes:
- 3+ years of experience as a Software or DevOps Engineer
- 1+ years experience building and deploying cloud-based infrastructure (GCP or AWS preferred)
- 1+ years operating infrastructure in Kubernetes
- 1+ years programming experience in Go, Ruby, or Python
- Knowledge of distributed systems, APIs, and scalable infrastructure
- Experience with configuration management tools (Terraform preferred)
- Solid experience with Linux and containers
- On-call experience and willingness to be on call up to 1 week out of 6
- Not afraid to dive as deep as needed to troubleshoot issues in development or production
- Service-oriented and collaborative mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications