Senior Automation Engineer
Please use PDF format for resumes.
HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across exterior home improvement, insurance, and financial services. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures and Menlo Ventures, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Why HOVER wants you:
We are looking for an automation engineer with a passion for building and maintaining systems that deliver value easier, faster, and with confidence. You have a passion for mobile focused automation on iOS and Android and understand the inherent challenges of continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) specific to mobile platforms. You will collaborate with developers and automation engineers on maintaining products and enhancing existing systems. You have a deep understanding of when, where, and how automated tests are best implemented and can balance velocity and quality.
You will contribute by:
You will be responsible for advocating best practices to support testing within a CI/CD environment. You will be instrumental in creating automation strategies and frameworks in order to find, report, and resolve bugs quickly on mobile, web-based, and graphics product lines. Mobile software application testing experience within an enterprise or consumer software company is required.
The HOVER Quality team are user advocates. We collaborate with all HOVER teams to validate & verify products meet the demands of our users. We build tools to help ensure the functionality of the overall system & its maintainability. Our team is highly collaborative, moves quickly, and embraces rapid iteration. You must be flexible, self-directed and able to work well in a cross-functional team to succeed.
Your background includes:
- 3+ years experience in test automation, test design, development, and execution for mobile applications
- Hands-on automation experience with Cypress, Detox, Appium, Espresso, Frank, UI Automation, or other similar technologies
- Drive CI/CD from the testing perspective
- Scripting in Python, Java, Kotlin, Swift , or other similar languages
- Enforce automation standards
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Use of judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for successful results
- Excellent analytical skills for troubleshooting and root causes analysis
- Effectively communicate product quality status to peers and the leadership team
- Mentor and train QA staff in test automation
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications