Computer Vision (3D Reconstruction) Paid Internship - Summer 2021
Please use PDF format for resumes.
HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across exterior home improvement, insurance, and financial services. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures and Menlo Ventures, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Why you want HOVER:
At HOVER we are dedicated to our employees and our community. Just look at our values of THINK, DO, and SERVE - it’s ingrained in our culture to be intentional about diversity and to uplift those around us.
- THINK challenges us to participate in respectful debate and value the diversity of thought that can only be found in true diversity among our ranks.
- DO asks us to be biassed towards action and to always be interested in changing things for the better.
- SERVE is a constant reminder that if we are to succeed as a company we must be focused on uplifting one another up as rising tides lift all ships.
It is with a dedication to these values that we continue to invest in our community through initiatives like this internship program designed to create opportunities.
Why HOVER wants you:
Computer Vision is at the core of our technology and our future. We’re looking for engineers with deep technical experience (theoretical and applied) in computer vision to expand the core components of our 3D data platform. You'll join a world class team and will help the team fulfill technical, operational, and business requirements.
This role is very much rooted in developing practical applications that can have immediate value to the business. You'll work alongside our team of designers, frontend, backend, graphics, and devops engineers to bring your creations to life. This means that you must not only be able to stay at the forefront of your discipline, but you must also excel at communication and collaboration.
You will contribute by:
- Developing computer vision algorithms and/or deep learning networks in the areas of 3D reconstruction and 3D scene understanding for urban environments
- Research and prototype advanced algorithms to improve the accuracy, runtime and/or robustness of 3D reconstruction
- Benchmark, evaluate and improve the performance of existing 3D reconstruction algorithms
- Collaborating with and supporting other engineers/researchers in the team
Your background includes:
This internship is perfect for students who can commit to a 3-month internship this summer, are based in the United States, and meet the following requirements:
- Pursuing MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics, or a related field
- Strong programming and debugging skills in C++ and Python
- Strong fundamentals in the domain of 3D Geometric Vision, Structure from Motion, SLAM, Visual Inertial Odometry, Calibration and/or optimization
- Passion for 3D Vision and Deep Learning