Senior Systems Engineer (Applied Research Group)
Please use PDF format for resumes.
HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across exterior home improvement, insurance, and financial services. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures and Menlo Ventures, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Why HOVER Wants You:
Building robust and flexible systems that integrate Computer Vision and Machine Learning is a core part of our technology and our future. We are looking for engineers with a passion for clean and scalable system design, past experience with building and optimizing complex cross-platform systems and supporting infrastructure for rapid prototyping and iteration.
You will be working with Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Backend, Mobile and DevOps engineers to lay the foundation for scalable systems to accelerate our research and development and help meet product requirements.
You will contribute by:
- Designing and architecting complex, fault-tolerant, cross-platform systems for running algorithms and services on cloud and mobile platforms
- Laying the foundation for scalable infrastructure for research, development and rapid iteration on CV algorithms, DL networks, ML training and production services
- Help with maintaining and improving our engineering quality through better tools and processes
- Streamlining coordination between multiple teams through clean, well documented interfaces and shared processes
- Providing technical leadership and guidance to your team members and the broader organization
- Working directly with our leadership team to hone our technical strategy and priorities, as well as implications to HOVER's corporate strategy
Your Background Includes:
- Professional experience with object-oriented design and programming
- Professional experience with Python
- Experience designing large complex systems with multiple services & libraries spread across mobile, cloud, etc.
- Experience working cross-functionally with product teams, DevOps, and other engineering teams
- Experience with container management systems like Kubernetes
- Experience with Docker
Nice to have:
- Experience with serving versioned ML models
- Experience with Pachyderm
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with designing web services, API design & versioning
- Experience with build systems and dependency management for C++ like CMake, Conan, etc.
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications