Senior Manager, DevOps
HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across exterior home improvement, insurance, and financial services. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures and Menlo Ventures, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Why HOVER wants you:
HOVER is looking for a highly motivated leader who thrives at the junction of business, product, technology, and team. You will help HOVER Engineering move faster by collaborating with your team to convert DevOps from a service-oriented team that provisions infrastructure to a product team building products and services that other engineering teams can use to provision their own infrastructure.
The DevOps Team is part of HOVER Services Group (HSG) in Engineering. We enable software teams through HOVER Engineering to own their own security, quality, and infrastructure. The DevOps team is the fastest growing part of HSG, and we need a leader who can envision the future of infrastructure at HOVER, then make that future a reality. The team today is a mix of very senior HOVER old-timers, and new HOVERites who are finishing their DevOps onboarding experience.
You will contribute by :
You will manage a team of six engineers plus some offshore folks, while helping to create the future structure of the team. As we grow, you will likely manage at least one other manager. You will work very closely with our principal technical product manager to define how we can make small moves to deploy new products and services that enable software product teams to build and manage their own infrastructure. And you’ll work with other HSG folks to ensure that software product teams have everything they need to own their software from ideation to production, including quality, CI/CD, tests, application security, and more.
Your background includes:
- At least 3 years of direct people management experience
- Experience in high-growth environments, preferably venture-funded startups
- Solid knowledge of modern software engineering methodologies
- Hands-on experience as a DevOps or infrastructure engineer
- Deep understanding of cloud computing, virtualization, containerization, and metrics
- A passion for mentoring, coaching, and teaching engineers, enabling them to do better work than they even thought possible
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications