Director, Product Management (Applied Research Group)
HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across exterior home improvement, insurance, and financial services. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures and Menlo Ventures, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Why HOVER wants you:
HOVER is looking for a product leader to spearhead our efforts for the entire Applied Research portfolio including the core computer vision and 3D rendering initiatives. In this role, you will identify and assess opportunities for new machine learning and computer vision solutions to solve critical problems and unlock new markets. We’re looking for someone who can find the intersection between academic research and commercially available solutions while gathering evidence, collecting user feedback, performing data analysis and defining requirements to drive product development.
You’ll be leading the Applied Research Group - an impactful team of brilliant CV/ML/3D engineers, PMs, and designers working on a problem that hasn’t been solved before. This is a great opportunity to play a critical and highly visible role in a fast-growing company and has a unique opportunity to define and grow HOVER’s culture. This is the largest product team at HOVER with four sub-teams under this umbrella.
You will contribute by:
You will convey your vision through product roadmaps that impact our users, working closely with the leadership team, product leaders and engineers, and building world-class machine learning products. You will have the opportunity to educate our rising team of product managers leveraging technology to drive success within all of HOVER’s products and businesses. You will unlock new market opportunities and build strategy to bring products from “zero to one”.
Your background includes:
- 12+ years defining, building, and shipping high-quality software in rapidly growing markets
- Solid track record shipping machine learning or algorithms driven products
- Experience managing and growing a team of Product managers
- Exceptional communication, both verbal and written. You are equally comfortable presenting to internal teams or external customers & partners.
- Hands-on experience with popular BI tools and the know-how to ask and answer your own data-driven questions of user behavior and product performance.
- The ability to influence without direct authority across multiple cross-functional constituencies.
- A passion for 3D (including AR / VR) and a deep appreciation for how it can revolutionize the way our world works.
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications