Senior Software Engineer, Frontend (Reconstruction)
HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across exterior home improvement, insurance, and financial services. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures and Menlo Ventures, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Why HOVER wants you:
HOVER is looking for a strong engineer that is interested in shaping the evolution of the 3D Platform that sits at the core of our business. We are integrating complex systems and building novel tools and technology that allow for creative thinking and problem solving to help HOVER scale.
The Reconstruction Team is made up of talented and eager-to-learn engineers with a wide variety of experience across areas like application development, 3D reconstruction, and more. We work together every day to create and refine the services, tools and data that power HOVER’s offerings. Together, we have defined a set of values that drive our collaboration and the decisions we make together:
- Shared Ownership of all code: All wins are team wins. We collectively decide what "good enough" is through conversation/feedback/experimentation.
- Knowledge Sharing: Avoid Silos, Code should be produced by people working together, Work with Product, Design, QA, Devops, and more to spread knowledge
- Future developers should be able to understand and change code without worry or requiring expertise, Use testing to validate functionality and serve as documentation, Clean code
- Team processes are shared and open to improvement and feedback
You will contribute by:
You will work with engineering, product, design and other business stakeholders to seek alignment on projects, gather and refine requirements, discuss technical tradeoffs, and implement solutions to complex problems. Daily, you will have opportunities to share your technical expertise with other engineers through rituals like pair programming, presenting ideas in team discussions and forums, and code review, as well as to learn from others with backgrounds in areas like backend development, 3D rendering, and machine learning. As we implement and refine services and tools, you will also have the opportunity to lead projects and work with cross-functional technical experts, product, and other leaders to define, develop and roll out features. Our team and technology is always evolving, and you will help us define our future.
Your background includes:
- 8+ years working with frontend applications
- 2+ years of React experience, preferably with TypeScript
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with all aspects of testing fullstack applications: unit, feature, and end-to-end
- Ability to work effectively cross functionally with Product Managers and Designers
- Experience as a tech lead and/or team lead
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience in the 3D space (ex: vector manipulation, libraries such as three.js)
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications