Senior Software Engineer, 3D Geometry
HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across exterior home improvement, insurance, and financial services. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures and Menlo Ventures, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Why HOVER Wants You:
3D data is at the core of our technology and our future. HOVER is looking for engineers with deep technical experience (theoretical and applied) in geometry processing and 3D graphics to expand the core components of our 3D data platform. You'll join a world-class team and will help the team fulfill technical, operational, and business requirements.
You'll work alongside our team of designers, frontend, backend, graphics, and DevOps engineers to bring your creations to life. This means that you must not only be able to stay at the forefront of your discipline, but you must also excel in communication and collaboration.
You Will Contribute By:
- Designing architecture and developing solutions in the areas of 3D graphics, geometry processing, and CAD solutions.
- Developing, maintaining & scaling HOVER’s 3D Data product.
- Providing technical leadership and guidance to your team members and the broader organization.
- Working directly with our leadership team to hone our technical strategy and priorities, as well as implications to HOVER’s corporate strategy.
Your Background Includes:
- Experience in at least one of the following: procedural modeling, procedural geometry, geometry parameterization, Constructive Solid Geometry (CSG), or developing software related to the CAD Architecture space.
- Experience working with 3D Data formats like glTF, dwg, dxf, skp, obj etc.
- Comfortable defining technical requirements for open ended problems
- Comfortable writing technical documentation
Nice to haves:
- Experience developing importers or exporters for 3D geometry (file formats)
- Experience with 3D modeling software such as Houdini, Sketchup, 3DS Max or similar software. Bonus: developing plugins for this kind of software
- Experience working with Ruby, node.js or other backend technologies
- Experience developing visualization software on the web with WebGL (three.js, babylon.js) and/or frontend frameworks (React or Angular)
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications