Senior Product Manager (Applied Research Group)
HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across exterior home improvement, insurance, and financial services. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures and Menlo Ventures, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Why HOVER wants you:
HOVER is looking for a passionate, hands-on product leader with a solid track record of shipping products and a strong technical background to join our growing Applied Research Group team. You will lead product management efforts for our flagship product that powers all the other product lines at HOVER.
You will contribute by:
- Collaborating: Every successful PM needs to be able to work well within cross-functional teams. Especially critical for this role will be the ability to build and maintain successful relationships across not only engineering, data, and design, but also operations.
- Rolling up your sleeves: Everyone from our Founder/CEO down is a doer, and this role is no exception. You love doing the less glamorous work of a PM (digging into or cleaning data, writing specs and stories, and planning or evaluating sprints).
- Being ruthless about prioritization: There are only so many hours in a day, and only so many engineering man-months on a team. You always know what the most important projects and tasks are and where the highest ROI is.
- Structured thinking and process-oriented: HOVER is a high growth company and scaling quickly in all dimensions. You will be the lynchpin in a product that runs 24/7. A key element to this role is the ability to provide clear protocols and processes like SLAs to support business-critical functions including Customer Support and Operations in their day to day activities.
Your background includes:
- 7+ years product management experience - defining, building, and shipping in a high growth environment
- Strong analytical skills with previous experience in an analyst, consultant, or other data-driven capacities.
- Exceptional communication, both verbal and written. You are equally comfortable presenting to internal teams or external customers & partners.
- Hands-on experience with popular BI tools and the know-how to ask and answer your own data-driven questions of user behavior and product performance.
- Ability to influence without direct authority across multiple cross-functional constituencies
- Bonus: Experience with product development in AI and machine learning environment.
- Bonus: A passion for 3D (including AR / VR) and a deep appreciation for how it can revolutionize the way our world works.
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications