HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across exterior home improvement, insurance, and financial services. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures and Menlo Ventures, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Why HOVER wants you:
HOVER is looking for a versatile finance professional who is excited to join a growing team to support our budgeting and planning process. You want to join a mission driven organization where the finance team sees beyond numbers on the P&L. You will be a strong business partner across the G&A team and entire company to help us achieve our financial objectives.
This role reports to the VP of Finance and is part of a broader G&A team with strong guiding principles: INTEGRITY, INFLUENCE and INDIVIDUAL DEVELOPMENT.
INTEGRITY: We are obsessive about data quality and legal compliance as it serves the foundation for building trust and gets us a seat at the table where we can impact business decisions.
INFLUENCE: We have influence through strong business partnerships, so we are obsessive about the level of customer service we provide to the teams from building their budgets to providing in-depth financial analysis. We believe in financial transparency.
INDIVIDUAL DEVELOPMENT: Our own skillset evolves alongside company growth. We believe in supporting and contributing to the culture of learning.
You will contribute by:
You will own HOVER budgets across all departments and functions. You will partner closely with each budget owner at executive and director-level to consolidate their hiring and investment requests and generate a thoughtful budget/forecast at the corporate level. You will work closely with recruiting and HR to help execute on our hiring plan and will help HOVER achieve its profitability goals by closely tracking our spend against predetermined financial objectives. You will collaborate with the accounting team to improve our forecasting accuracy.
You will be intimately involved in driving an implementation of robust financial planning systems to streamline our business processes and to scale yourself. You will bring creative solutions and will build close relationships with each budget owner helping them make thoughtful tradeoffs both within each of their budgets and across the organization. You will drive common sense controls measures and will nurture our culture of fiscal discipline. You will help us with various financial modeling and scenario planning initiatives.
This role is based locally out of our San Francisco, CA headquarters. When it is safe to do so, we prefer Bay Area candidates that can commute to our office in Downtown San Francisco. Please share your current location in the relevant application fields.
Your background includes:
- 5+ years of increasingly complex experience in financial planning and analysis, particularly in a Corporate FP&A role
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics or business.
- Budgeting and financial modeling experience are a must
- Advanced Excel and presentation building skills with experience in building financial models and clear, concise presentation materials
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment. Passionate about building new capabilities
- Ability to partner cross-functionally, influence, and communicate with all levels of management
- Software industry experience is preferred
- MBA or CPA
- Netsuite/Quickbooks experience
- Experience with Adaptive Planning, Anaplan or other forecasting/Business Intelligence tools
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications