Senior Manager, Operations Strategy
HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across exterior home improvement, insurance, and financial services. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures and Menlo Ventures, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Why HOVER wants you:
HOVER is looking for a Senior Manager, Operations Strategy who will drive high impact change and performance throughout HOVER to support our ability to deliver the best product and fulfillment outcomes to our customers. You will lead a team, and will work cross-functionally with key parts of the business, including product and engineering, on high-profile strategic projects and take them from ideation through to implementation.
The Operations Team is responsible for supporting HOVER’s growth by consistently giving our customers a high-quality product while maximizing internal efficiencies and effort. We are also responsible for pushing the boundaries of our data and production capabilities to enable HOVER’s mission to digitize the world’s physical structures. We are a cross-cultural team, and we work closely with business partners both domestically and internationally.
You will contribute by:
As the Senior Manager, you will be responsible for a significant part of our product production, and ensuring optimal performance as we rapidly scale. You will manage, optimize, and adapt our production pipeline for cutting-edge computer vision techniques, in order to ensure it can support our expanding product and customer base. You will be on the lookout for both small process tweaks, and entirely different ways of doing things. Part of this will involve exploring new paths to scale our business, and building innovative capabilities that don’t yet exist. To accomplish this, you will collaborate closely with the product and engineering organizations to ideate, develop, and scale these capabilities and technologies across the production process.
You will break down complex problems, identify the key issues to tackle, and use data and analysis to help in decision making. In addition, you will guide and coach your team to do the same. To ensure alignment across the business, you will influence and motivate people at all levels. You will be biased towards action, and can drive highly visible and complex strategic projects independently.
Some international travel will be required (eventually).
Your background includes:
- 7+ years of professional experience in a combination of operations, strategy, management consulting, finance, or analytical roles
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – can succinctly communicate findings and recommendations to both technical and non-technical senior leadership
- Strong analytical abilities and comfort with large datasets
- Proven ability to quickly climb new learning curves and add value
- Experience leading a team and driving cross-functional initiatives, ideally within a startup or entrepreneurial environment
- A sincere, collaborative, and empathetic personality characterized by a strong inclination to be part of a team of doers
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications