Director, Engineering (CX)
HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across exterior home improvement, insurance, and financial services. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Travelers Insurance, State Farm Ventures, Nationwide, Google Ventures and Menlo Ventures, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Why HOVER wants you:
The engineering team at HOVER is growing and evolving. We are looking for a passionate people leader who is experienced in building and supporting teams through rapid growth. You are someone who cares deeply about your people and you are uniquely skilled in mentoring engineers and upleveling teams. You know how to foster a culture of engineering excellence, advocate for your teams, balance the needs of stakeholders, and drive efficiency in processes and systems. You influence those around you through effective communication and inspirational leadership.
The CX team is a full-stack product engineering team that is collaborative, empathetic and laser-focused on building quality and delight into our product. As usage of our product continues to grow, we’re designing and architecting our software with the long-term vision in mind, making sure our systems are scalable, reliable and maintainable. We love shipping code continuously, pair programming, automating tests, and iterating quickly as we learn from constant feedback and experimentation. On this team you’ll be mostly focused on the strategy and execution of our React Native mobile app, our flagship 3D React web app, and the various Node and Rails backend systems that support them.
You will contribute by:
You will work collaboratively with your product, design and engineering counterparts to set vision, priorities, and product roadmap for the CX team. You will also work closely with other engineering teams to define and drive the long-term technical strategy. As a critical piece of the overall engineering leadership team you will contribute to team culture, processes, hiring practices and internal as well as external influence.
Your background includes:
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering building full-stack systems and shipping customer-facing products on web and mobile
- 4+ years of recent experience managing and leading teams of 10 or more which included full-stack engineers, engineering managers, and technical leads
- High level of emotional intelligence, refined soft skills to care for and bring out the best in engineers on your team
- Outstanding communicator. Ability to present your ideas to anyone, at any time. Comfortable speaking about engineering to various audiences around the company.
- Experience setting hiring goals and driving overall engineering recruitment
- Strong project management and team allocation skills
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications