Principal Product Manager (Strategic Expansion)
HOVER uses patented technology making it possible for anyone with a smartphone camera to create an interactive 3D model, complete with detailed measurements and powerful design features. The data produced is extremely valuable as it generates a single source of truth for the physical world allowing for more veracity throughout the home improvement and insurance processes. We’ve found an incredibly strong product-market fit across exterior home improvement, insurance, and financial services. What's the secret sauce? Cutting edge technology, an exceptional culture, and a commitment to our values (Think. Do. Serve.).
With our team of investors, including Google Ventures and Menlo Ventures, HOVER is committed to continuing our success and facilitating growth. We believe there is strength in diversity so we hire skilled and passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Why HOVER wants you:
HOVER is looking for a Principal Product Manager to own our strategic expansion efforts into new markets. You will be a lead member of a small but senior cross functional team focused on rapid customer development and prototyping. This role is critical to building the foundation for future growth of the business, and you will work closely with our executive team as you define and explore market opportunities and refine our understanding of both problem and solution spaces.
How you’ll succeed:
You will be able to find a balance between moving extremely quickly while still facilitating effective collaboration across the business, both within other cross functional product teams and the broader business. You will focus relentlessly on refining your understanding of business and customer needs, and you will build an expansion strategy that fits with our broader mission and vision.
While you will be empowered to define the best customers and solutions to pursue, you will also be held accountable for results – not just shipping product but business outcomes. Rather than shy away from this you will embrace it, especially when it means you will have to work through others to achieve those results.
This job, as with nearly all other roles on the product team, is an individual contributor role. You will need to be able to influence your teammates, as well as colleagues, stakeholders, and key executives, through your use of data and logic.
An Ideal Background Includes:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of product management experience defining, building, and shipping modern software solutions, ideally B2B2C (marketplace) oriented.
- Demonstrated understanding and hands-on experience with the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery.
- Ability to learn multiple functional areas of the business – engineering, design, finance, sales, or marketing.
- Experience and ability solving hard problems that have many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative.
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship.
- Strong analytical expertise and familiarity digging into Tableau, Mixpanel, or other BI tools and writing SQL queries to answer questions.
- An eye for UX design and the ability to communicate clear requirements and user needs
- Experience leading user research and becoming the subject matter expert of your target user personas.
We know that innovation thrives on product teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems in ways that are just now possible. As such, we explicitly seek people that bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experiences. Please be prepared to share with us how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to our product teams.
- Compensation - Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
- Healthcare - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and dependents
- Paid Time Off - Unlimited and flexible vacation policy
- Paid Family Leave- We support work/life balance and offer generous paid parental and new child bonding leave
- Mandatory Self-Care Days - A day set aside each month to allow employees to recharge
- Remote Wellbeing Resources - We provide recurring fitness classes, meditation/ mindfulness tools, virtual therapy, and family planning assistance
- Learning - We encourage continued education and will help cover the cost of management training, conferences, workshops, or certifications